People are at the heart of what’s important at Fairtrade. Our people enable us to deliver more impact where it matters.
While our regional offices are based in Australia and New Zealand our teams work extensively throughout Asia Pacific. We’re also connected with our colleagues around the world who support Fairtrade’s 1.65 million producers across 74 countries.
A career with Fairtrade could include anything from providing direct support to farmers and workers in developing countries, to helping promote the exciting work of Fairtrade or working alongside businesses to help put in place sustainable supply chains. We also have a team dedicated to ensuring the Fairtrade Mark is being used correctly and that our Standards are upheld.
SENIOR BUSINESS & PARTNERSHIP OFFICER NZ
Fairtrade is a dynamic international organisation that links disadvantaged producers in developing countries with businesses and consumers through international trade. Fairtrade Australia and New Zealand works to grow demand for certified products in New Zealand and Australia to support the sustainable development of producing communities in the Pacific.
We are best known as the independent, not-for-profit body behind the Fairtrade Mark, a product label assuring consumers that their purchase helps disadvantaged farmers and workers in developing countries to access markets and secure a better deal. The Fairtrade Mark is the most well-known and trusted ethical mark in the world.
The Senior Business & Partnership Officer is primarily responsible for account management of a portfolio of commercial partners, key non-governmental organisation stakeholders and the development of business focused marketing activities to increase awareness and purchasing of Fairtrade products in New Zealand.
The role also includes liaising with key Fairtrade communities, councils and workplaces, alongside marketing activities to support engagement with Fairtrade.
This position reports to the Business Development Manager – New Zealand and works closely with the Business Development and Public Engagement & Advocacy Teams in Australia and New Zealand.
The Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand Business Development team is responsible for building relationships with Australian and New Zealand companies and organisations to create market demand in order to grow the volume of Fairtrade Certified products.
The team, led by the Business Development Director based in Australia, works together to develop product and market specific strategies based on market insights, relevant knowledge of key commodities, the supply chains and its key players.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develop and manage product plans, annual targets, objectives and deliverables with the Business Development Team
- Support businesses in developing new Fairtrade Certified product lines and supply chains
- Identify businesses and non-governmental organisations to develop marketing activity and communication plans linked to Fairtrade products, projects and campaigns
- Manage B2B communications, campaigns and Fairtrade events targeting commercial and community partners
- Report monthly on progress against targets, objectives, deliverables and expenditure against budgets
- Coordinate and facilitate Fairtrade procurement through communities, councils and workplaces
- Manage enquiries from existing and potential business and community partners
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in business, economics, marketing or other relevant discipline
- 3-5 years’ experience in a commercial environment (preferably FMCG) within Business Development, Account Management and / or Marketing
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS TO ENSURE SUCCESS
- Excellent English written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Creativity in development and adaptation of campaigns for partners
- Sensitivity to understand and respond to the needs of different audiences
- Strong relationship management and commercial skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Demonstrated financial literacy and management skills
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES TO ENSURE WORKPLACE HAPPINESS:
- Ability to work autonomously and as a member of a team, in both face to face and virtual environments
- Interest and ability to network with a range of stakeholders
- Commitment to trade justice, social and environmental development
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on a wide range of tasks
- Collaborative and well organised
- Hold a current and valid driver’s license
- Flexibility in working times with some out of hours work
- Ability to travel within New Zealand
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your CV now through our ad on seek.co.nz by following this link. Seek is the only way to apply for this position.
Please submit your CV in PDF and do NOT submit a covering letter as they will not be reviewed or considered at this time. CV's will be considered as they are received and until the position is filled.
CV's that best match our selection criteria will be invited to complete an online application.
Any questions regarding this role can be submitted to David Gonzalez, Executive Support Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday 21 May at 11:59pm.